Thanks to YOUR amazing support I have now sold over 1000 copies of Bee Quest and to mark the occasion I am raffling book number 1000 to raise money for The Albert Kennedy Trust.
The sole purpose of me creating Bee Quest was because after the Arena Bombing on May 22, 2017 I felt helpless and unable to contribute. That’s why Book 1000 is very special to me, it marks the half way point in my quest to raise money for Manchester Charities and to make a difference that will help others.
EDIT: The Prize Draw took place on Thursday 11th October, 2018 at the Northern Quarter Gallery on the 2nd floor of Afflecks with the former Lord Mayor of Manchester, Carl Austin-Behan drawing the winning tickets from the hat. Take a look at how much money we raised for the AKT
Through the generous support of local businesses and artists there are some amazing prizes to be won.
- The Gotham Hotel (Bee Quest pages 36 & 37) located in the heart of Manchester have been extremely generous and donated a Lutyens Champagne Afternoon Tea for two in their Honey Restaurant
- I’m a massive fan of Tom Brown aka @BeeMancunian whose hand made Bas Relief Bees were inspired when in 2015 he spotted a bollard that was missing a bee. He has kindly reproduced a bee bas relief (Bee Quest page 78) that you can win along with a signed copy of Bee Quest.
- @CJTaylordArt is an amazing artist who produces unique and imaginative paintings on glass rather than on canvas. I love Christians’s work and his Pride Bee is featured several times in the Bee Quest Book (pages 9 & 23). Christian has kindly donated one of his Manchester bees for you to win along with a signed copy of Bee Quest.
- NQ Gallery in Afflecks and ‘Cape’ in the Corn Exchange feature paintings, prints, photography and artwork by local artists including Ben Sedman, Phoenix Phusion, Eliza Rocks Artist and Stephen Lynn’s Dionysus Art along with personalised greetings cards by Sunflowers in the Sea. To show her support Joe has donated a £25 gift voucher that can be used in either store. You’ll also receive a signed copy of Bee Quest.
- I was fortunate enough to have the amazing opportunity to photograph the bee hives on the roof top of the Printworks and Director Fred Booth who is a qualified bee keeper has kindly offered to give a VIP tour for two people (minimum age of 16 years old) of their Roof Top Bee Hives plus you’ll win a signed copy of Bee Quest.
- Afflecks is the most iconic hub for eclectic, alternative fashion, accessories and gifts in Manchester. They have been extremely generous and have donated £50 in gift vouchers that you can win along with a signed copy of Bee Quest.
- The Radisson Blu Edwardian Free Trade Hall has long been a supporter of the LGTB+ community of Manchester and to show their support in my quest to raise money for the AKT they have generously donated a Day Pass for Two people with a Half Hour Treatment for both in their Sienna Spa
- The Manchester & District Bee Keepers Association have kindly donated 4 jars of Manchester Honey to to prize draw which I’ve separating into 4 individual prizes along with a copy of Bee Quest signed by yours truly!